If you've ever considered taking on a PhD, then you'll know that it's a long and demanding process. Dr Laura Valadez-Martinez talks about seven types of problem that may emerge during a PhD, including:
- Getting stuck during your PhD.
- Remaining focused throughout the PhD.
- Motivational problems that arise during the PhD.
- Memory problems due to the enormous amounts of things to remember.
- Maintaining relevance in your PhD research.
- Feelings of being alone.
- Not knowing what's next.
This TED talk explores how a PhD could be more difficult than initially expected. It offers ways to overcome those issues and enjoy the learning process.